Powered by Blogger.

A Perfectly Imperfect Return to Blogging

Yes, it's really a new post on the blog after er... em... nearly ten months!

I do apologise for abandoning my blog so abruptly.  I was forced to stop digiscrapping due to illness.  I was sad and very reluctant to let go of my teams and challenges they all meant so much to me, but my health just wouldn't let me continue, but that's another story that I won't bore you with on here.

Anyway, during my computer downtime I picked up a paint brush and made an attempt at real life painting.  This is something I'm still doing and hope to share with you sometime soon.  During my painting sessions my six year old son often helps out and the neighborhood kids have even popped in and splashed some paint around in between basket ball hoops and Bayblade battles.

And that's when I realised how much time and effort I had put into my digiscrapping.  I don't regret it for one minute but I also realised how much it took me away from my family.  I could be in the same room as my family but not really there - I was somewhere else buried deep in elements and layers and downloading and commenting...

So why am I back here on a digiscrapping blog?

Well, I created numerous other blogs all with the aim of being 'art' based blogs, but I couldn't settle on a name that I liked.  I wished I didn't have such a common name and could just use my own name for my blog.

Yes, I'm rather slow sometimes.

This blog is exactly that.  Although it's called 'I Like It Like That' at the top the url is karen-johnson@blogspot.com.  And who said the blog had to be soley about digiscrapping?  Why can't it evolve and become something different as I change and evolve?  I know, super-slow, huh?

Even after I realised all of this I still put-off posting.

Why?

Well, look at the blog - it's a digiscrapping blog.  It will take AGES to make all the necessary changes and get it just perfect for me to be able to blog about art and painting...

You will be pleased to know I have given myself a good talking to and have slowly, yes VERY slowly, come to realise I do not have to be perfect and this blog does not have to be perfect.  If I wait for perfect I will never do anything.  Did I not declare war on perfect after it was the reason for giving up art in the first place?

I can make a post here anytime I like, about any subject I like and it can be as imperfect as is possible and I will like it like that!

So I'm back and I hope here to stay as I have lots and lots to say.  It's an exciting time for me right now and I'm excited to share it with you all...

Thank you so much for taking the time to read!

Hugs,
Karen


..