Powered by Blogger.

Looking Back at 2009

Altho I didn't write them down I did have some goals in mind when we entered 2009. I really wanted to improve my PhotoShop and photography skills and build up an online scrapbook gallery.

I'm pleased to say the year started and so far ended really well. First I was accepted on to Sausan Designs creative team. This was my first team and I learnt what being on a ct actually means. It was during the summer that I started hanging out at ScrapArtist and was thrilled to be accepted onto the teams of Rachel Young, Danielle Donaldson and later Laurie Ann, Heaven's Gate Designs.

But a real turning point for me was when Rachel asked if I would consider being on the CT for ScrapArtist! Oh my gosh, I nearly fell of my seat when I got that email (but it's okay - I scrap on the sofa, so I would've had a soft landing).

I'm not kidding when I say I was nervous. After all, they have some awesome scrappers on thier CT, but I said 'yes' and Gabi soon got me settled in. And that's when my layouts really started to improve. Well, how could I not with all those lovely goodies available to me and the inspiration from the wonderful creative team?

I explained to Gabi I was happy to create layouts but a little aprehensive about making tutorials and blog posts and she assured me it was okay. So when the decision to get rid of the forum and public gallery at ScrapArtist came about I was a little worried. Where would I fit in?

So new changes came about at ScrapArtist and SherrieJD joined the team as a new designer. She brought all her kits with her, her fabulous creative team and some new ideas. One of them being an altered arts zine. Sure, I'd seen altered art layouts before and loved them but I'd never really tried to create any. So I gave it a go... AND I've not looked back! Using vintage photos or no photos at all has really opened up a who new door for me and I'm creating layouts I would have never otherwise created.

I feel I accomplished my goals for 2009 and already know what I'd like to complete for 2o10. That will be the subject of my next post...

Oh one thing I failed miserably at in 2009...


Heehee - I'll keep it on my list of goals for 2010. I must try better this year!
Thank you for reading! :-)

..